DRAFTER Houston, TX
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for producing detailed mechanical drawings of component parts as well as assemblies based on customer design specifications.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing accurate and timely detailed mechanical component drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
- Works closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales to ensure proper understanding of customer needs, and adherence to design specifications.
- Enters appropriate information into drawing log and ensures proper electronic data storage & management of CAD drawings.
- Assists in the design of component parts and assemblies.
- Makes revisions to drawings by studying change requests, and documents changes in accordance with Engineering change management procedures.
- Assists in making blueprint copies for internal and external customers.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor, Vault professional, Vault Collaboration
- Prefer experience in SolidWorks and Pro-E
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering, assembly drawings, specifications, sketches, and notes
- Requires use of computers, drafting tools, hand tools, and measuring instruments
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Associates degree or certificate in CAD drafting, design technology, or related discipline. May substitute equivalent related experience for educational requirement.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2 years directly related experience.
To be considered for the position listed above, please submit your resume to: