Responsible for manually operating machines and producing complex production and prototype parts to high tolerance design specifications in an accurate and timely manner.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Operates all equipment and tools with the utmost attention to safety and professionalism.
- Operates manual horizontal and vertical milling and lathe machining
- Responsible for cylindrical grinding and the set-ups for Mills and Lathes
- Capable of reading and understanding: outside and inside micrometers, venier calipers, venier height and depth gauges.
- Studies blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering information, or sample parts to determine product dimensions and tolerances as well as best method and sequence of operations needed to fabricate parts.
- Selects appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used for machining work.
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Lays out, measures and marks metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Align/secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials onto machines.
- Independently sets up and operates various mills and/or lathes.
- Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Fabricates and manufactures various parts.
- Measures, examines and tests completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Knowing Compressor Reciprocating Valves and Pressure and Wiper Packing Cases.
- Able to trouble shoot compressor problems, valve problems, ring and rider problems, and pressure packing problems.
- Strong analytical and communication skills a must.
To be considered for the position listed above, please submit your resume to: CECOJobs@ceconet.com